Why, yes, I have already posted a blog piece today; an inspirational little number about why one ought to love to read. Particularly observant readers may have noticed that I’ve thus far allowed a two-day space between my blog posts, and this double-post day will doubtless “cause [them] to feel wonder, astonishment, or amazement, as at something unanticipated”. Well, it’s a cause of wonder etc. on me, too, and all due to yet another surprise of the super wonderful variety:
I have been given an award!
Yes, ‘tis true! I learned of it not a quarter-hour ago (later, by the time this post is up)! Fellow blogger Andrea S. Michaels has conferred upon me a Liebster Award, which a blog piece of her own explains as follows:
“[The Liebster Award] was created to draw attention to small blogs with less than 200 followers. Here are the rules:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the Internet.”
Check, check, and check for items one, three, and four. Now it’s time to spread the big, goofy grins that result when one finds out that one has won a Liebster! I wish I could throw awards at everyone whose blogs I have enjoyed, but there can only be five. Therefore, my top picks go to (drumroll, please…):
- Tirzah Duncan the Ink Caster, because I respected her as a writer even before we became stranger-than-true sisters.
- Jenna Mathews, who demonstrates that age has naught to do with getting your start in wordsmithery.
- The Ink-Compentent Writer, who likes to make his point with a dash of entertaining schizophrenia.
- Undiscovered author Stephen A. Watkins, whose thoughtful posts spark some great discussions via blog comments.
- Rebecca Monaco, because I love her trademark exit line.
Enjoy your “unexpected encounter, event, or gift that surprises”, fortunate five, and keep the big, goofy grins going! (And thanks again for mine, Andrea, the Academy, the little people, God, Mom and Dad, my minstrels and tailor…)