Ever On Wordians, rejoice, for I have been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by author/blogger/British person J.A. Belfield! You all know what that means. …Or, in case you don’t, here are the rules of acceptance:
* Answer the 11 questions provided.
* Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer.
* Link back to the one who nominated you.
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
* Go to their page and tell them.
* No tag backs!
Now you all know what it means – a Q&A session of the most “arousing or holding the attention; absorbing” sort. ^-^
1. What is your favourite genre to read?
Are Robin Hood retellings a genre? Can we make it a genre? ‘Cause I could happily come up with more variations than my “Ballad of Allyn-a-Dale” trilogy! Or we could just throw everything I love into a single genre: Humorous YA murder mystery fantasy, with thieves. (Shoot, I should’ve thrown a murder mystery into the “Ballad” books; then they would have had it all!)
2. You’ve just won a competition and the prize is any pair of shoes in the world of your choice. Describe them.
Shoes, eh? Well, this is coming from the girl who’s worn the same sneakers almost every day for a year or more. But if we’re talking dream footwear… They’d be tall leather boots (brown or black) that could be slipped on and off without too much hassle (but not so easily that they’ll fly off when I don’t want them to!), provide excellent sole-cushioning and arch support, breathe well yet be reasonably waterproof, and which any pirate / ranger / outlaw / minstrel / knight would not be ashamed to wear as part of their epic ensemble. Oh, and they’d better be period for Elizabethan times, so I can wear them on the job at the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
3. Which fictional character would you most like to meet and why?
Only one?? But I would trade in half the real people I know for fictional ones! (What? No, none of you readers are in the “give away” half, don’t be silly.)
What’s called for, here, is a fictional character who gives me access to all the others (I’m such a user…-_-). A character who can somehow smuggle people across reality lines, and who’d be willing to do so for me without any deal-breaking strings attached. That rules out Rumplestiltskin from “Once Upon a Time”; sure, he’s my favorite of the series, but all of his magic comes with a price. (Besides, he’s a creeper.) And Aladdin’s genie goofs around too much (particularly since his release from the lamp downgraded him to only semi-phenomenal, nearly-cosmic power). Hmm… Aha! Maybe I should try Ms. Frizzle! Her magic school bus has done the impossible before! Alright, Friz, I’m taking my chances with you; get messy if you must, just don’t prove my choice a mistake.
4. The zombie apocalypse is upon us. Undead beings are beating at your door, slobbering over your freshly-cleaned patio windows, and you’re barricaded into your living room. Sticking to truth, what’s the most useful item you have to help you swing your way out of this somewhat precarious situation?
Do my kinemortophobic sobs do nothing to change their hearts? …Yeah, I thought not. Looks like my only weapon at this point is prayer. Lord, strike them down, or kill me before they can get me. Amen.
5. I’ll never understand why mashed potato is considered a signature dish for a certain chicken restaurant in the US, so if you couldn’t have both, but had to choose, which way would you swing? Chicken or mash?
I love potatoes, but if they’re mashed, I kinda need meat to go with ‘em. Come to that, I don’t like eating chicken without a side or two, either. Doggone it all! I’d probably just put off thinking about it until my family ate all the food, leaving me to pour a bowl of cold cereal. (This kind of thing happens all the time.)
6. What is your most favourite accent in the world *cough* British *cough*?
Heck yeah, British!
7. If you could visit any fictional land (created world/situation/etc) from any book of your choosing, which world/situation would choose to play witness to and why?
Hmm… I think I’d like to follow my tailor around during Book Three of “The Wilderhark Tales” (which, too bad for impatient me, won’t be out for months and months; but hey, Book One’s coming on May 31st!). Yeah, he’ll be kind of stressed out for most of it, but we’ll get to meet up with a lot of interesting people, and… okay, I’ll be honest, I would happily stalk him through pretty much any book, never mind what else is going on, because I love him more than is sensible.
8. Slippers or socks? No, they’re NOT the same!
Socks. Socks in my aforementioned sneakers, depending on where I’m expected to walk.
9. Favourite James Bond actor? Why, what’s so special about him, then?
I can name two, and I don’t care about either of them. Never got into Bond. Try casting the Most Interesting Man in the World, and maybe I’ll sit up and pay attention to the preview.
10. Best (in your opinion) special effects for a werewolf film to date? (to the US folk out there, film = movie. )
I only let you mock me because you’re a Brit, J.A. X)
I’ve seen two films with werewolves in them (we’ll count the whole “Twilight” franchise as one movie), and the werewolves in “Van Helsing”…weren’t the best part. So I’ve gotta give this one to the Quileute pack.
11. And last but not least: Head into your mobile (mobile = cell phone *snicker*) scroll through your ‘favourites’ list of numbers, find the number that you dial the most … Who is it? Can I have their number? ‘Cause they must be pretty cool if you ring them all the while, right?
What d’you mean I can’t have it?
Hmmm, okay then, how about: What topic are you’re planning to write (or blog) about next?
I’ve read British YA humour! I know what a mobile is! I’m not like the rest of these Yanks! You can tell, ‘cause I barely use my cell phone.
In any event, my next post will be a stop on somebody’s blog tour for their book. Who’s the somebody and what’s the book? Sorry, not telling! *singsongs* You’ll just have to wait and see-e-e. (:
I can tell you about a post coming up after that, though: The one where I list my 11 nominees for the Liebster Award, and give them some interesting questions for which I hope they’ll come up with interesting answers! Stay tuned, gentle reader – one of those nominees might just be you…