So, you wish to adventure with Gant-o’-the-Lute?
Let’s find out if you’re a companion to suit.
<> ~ <> ~ <>
1) Sleeping indoors bores me. I propose we bed down on the hills tonight. Are you the outdoorsy type?
- A. Yes, I love the outdoors! All those wide-open spaces!
- B. I can’t say I’ve been out much. Sounds like it could be interesting, though.
- C. I’d rather stay in.
2) I daresay we’ll do much on this journey you’ve never attempted before. Are you confident?
- A. Why wouldn’t I be? I can tackle anything!
- B. Reasonably so. Goodness knows a little determined effort can go a long way.
- C. I’ll tend to expect the worst while holding out a weak hope I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
3) Of course, even confidence can only take you so far. This could get dangerous for non-extraordinary humans like yourself. Are you brave?
- A. Daring as they come!
- B. I can be, at need.
- C. Not so much.
4) It will be just you and me for some miles to go. I know I’m enjoyable company, but what of you? How’s your disposition?
- A. All sunny enthusiasm and exclamation points!
- B. Pretty even-keeled, I’d say.
- C. A bit on the gloomy side, honestly.
5) Hmm, two roads diverge in Wilderhark Forest – one well-traveled, the other unknown. I’m inclined to explore the latter. Do you like new things?
- A. Yaaaay, new things!
- B. I’ll try most things once, I guess.
- C. Let’s stick with the old and familiar, please.
6) Oops. That didn’t go quite as planned. We should run. Immediately. Are you fast?
- A. Like the wind!
- B. I am now.
- C. No, I’m not, which is why I told you not to do that, and now I’m going to DIE!
7) Well, we survived! Ready to do it all over again?
- A. Born ready! Let’s go!
- B. Give me a minute or month to recover, then we’ll talk.
- C. Please tell me you’re joking.
If you answered mostly “A”s = Skies above, you’re more excited about this than I am, aren’t you? Well, no tight-held leashes here, eager pup. Off we run! Just try not to do anything so stupid I can’t save you from yourself.
If you answered mostly “B”s = You seem calmly prepared to face whatever comes your way. An admirable quality in a traveling companion. I think we’ll balance each other well. Let’s put it to the test!
If you answered mostly “C”s = Dear me, I’ve never seen anyone more badly in need of adventure. High time someone pushed you well outside of your comfort zone – which shouldn’t be hard, your bubble’s so small. You’re coming with me. Ah-ah! Not a word! You’ll thank me later.
Share your quiz results in the comments below, and you’ll be rewarded with an entry in the “Song Caster” Launch Week Giveaway, of which the Grand Prize winners will be announced tomorrow! For full giveaway rules, go here. To purchase the fantastic new book at the heart of it all, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or CreateSpace will provide.
And now, to announce the winners of Days 5 and 6. Congratulations to
J for Jenny, you get your choice of any two postcard designs pictured below. And Emerald, no need for you to make that tough choice, because all four designs are yours to enjoy!
Thanks for participating in the raffle, and everyone remember that this is the **last day to earn entries** before I draw the Grand Prizewinning names tomorrow. So share the giveaway news, leave those Wilderhark Tales reviews, and if you haven’t bought your copies of “The Song Caster” (of Tirzah Duncan’s “Cry of the Nightbird”) yet, carpe diem!
(And in case any of you were wondering about my own quiz score, I managed to eke out mostly “B”s. ;D)