Once upon a November some years ago, an author was struck with inspiration: Why not combine the characters from what would prove itself the favorite of her series with her hands-down favorite Victorian-era Christmas tale? Y’know; for funzies.
That author, of course – *solemn nods* – was me.
Those characters and that series were the Outlaws of Avalon – with a liberal dose of Avalon’s enigmatic wizard.
That Victorian-era Christmas tale was… well, I expect you could easily guess.
That parody project became a novella with unexpected depth.
And with hearty thanks to the artistic prowess of Hannah Vale – (an artist friend made at, wouldn’t you know it, a Renaissance Faire) – Ever On Word is proud to present the cover of…
An Avalon Christmas Carol
IS. IT. NOT. EXQUISITE? The holly in the snow! The Fey lights in the tree! The LUTE! Never has a cover illustration been so perfectly in the spirit of both Christmas and Avalon Faire. And speaking of spirits, here’s the book’s blurb:
Merlin was asleep, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that…
And yet, when you’re a wizard with a legendary gift of prophecy, who can tell whether a dream may be something more?
In the tradition of Charles Dickens’ beloved holiday classic, join Camelot’s court and Sherwood’s outlaws on a spirited journey through Avalon’s past, present, and future.
Things to know about the book:
– It awaits your “Want to Read” click on Goodreads here.
– It will soon be available for pre-order on Amazon. Official release date = December 6th.
– For the immediate future, it will be available solely on Amazon, and exclusively as an e-book.
– But hey, it’ll only cost 99 cents! A Christmas steal!
– …Especially considering that the book will also include two bonus parodies, AND an excerpt from Outlaws of Avalon, Book Two!
So don’t let this holiday season pass you by without this magic-packed book in your virtual hands! Get your copy! Spread the joyous tidings to your friends! And do let me and/or Hannah know: