Previously on Ever On Word, my blog and I received the Liebster Award, for which the rules of acceptance are as follows:
* Answer the 11 questions provided.
* Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer.
* Link back to the one who nominated you.
* Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
* Go to their page and tell them.
* No tag backs!
I’ve taken care of items one and three; now to finish the job by announcing my 11 nominees and questioning them like the good cop/bad cop interrogator I am.
Because I like to work with themes, I’ve chosen to relate each of my 11 questions to my novella, “The Swan Prince (Book One of the Wilderhark Tales)”, (coming in 3 weeks, whoo-hoo!). It was a challenge (there are only so many general questions you can ask about swans!), but I think I managed to come up with a “like or befitting a prince; magnificent” mix. Take a look.
1. If you were cursed to take on an animal form every night, which do you think the spell-caster would choose for you, and why?
3. Name the fairytale nearest to the story of your life.
4. You feel sick. ): Would you rather see a doctor about it, or tough it out alone?
5. Who is your favorite “Swan(n)” – Emma Swan (“Once Upon a Time”), Bella Swan (“Twilight”), Elizabeth Swann (“Pirates of the Caribbean”), or [other]?
6. Who is your favorite prince? (Real, fictional, the “Purple Rain” artist who partied like it was 1999… whatever.)
7. Who is your favorite “the”? Just kidding. X) If you had to go on a two-week walking trip with someone – any someone – who would you want it to be, and why?
8. Are you the cool, rational type, or emotional and instinctual?
9. How far would you go to make a person fall in love with you?
10. Describe your early childhood home.
11. What does “happily ever after” mean to you?
As for my nominees, I feel like I’ve already tagged most of the bloggers I follow. So I figure, hey, how about I show some love to the bloggers who follow me? (Just in case you weren’t of the opinion that a subscription to my words is reward enough in itself…)
A warm round of applause to our dozen-minus-one arbitrarily selected nominees:
Congratulations, one and all! And to anyone who didn’t get nominated and is sitting there thinking, “Aw… but I wanted to answer those questions…”, I do have a comments section, guys. If you’ve got answers you’d like to put there, I would be glad as all get-out to read them. (:
* Speaking of The Parasite Guy, would you believe it? He’s nominated me for yet another award – the Sunshine Award! – the rules for which are:
- Post the sunshine award logo
- Accept the nomination and link back to the nominator
- Answer the questions
- Nominate ten other blogs(or sites) and inform them of the award
1, done. 2, done. 3… well, I’ve answered these particular questions once before, and my opinions on these matters have not much changed. So I’ve decided to delegate and let one of my characters answer in my stead. And what better character to interview during this princely post than the swan prince himself? Sigmund, come on down!
Favorite color: “I’ve not thought about it, much,” he says, clearing his throat awkwardly at having been summoned and thrust into the spotlight with so little notice. “I suppose I prefer dusky reds, like burgundy.”
Favorite animal: “The trumpeter swan.”
Favorite number: His narrow, sidelong glance at me has “This is a silly question” written all through it, but he answers, “How about… seven.”
Favorite non-alcoholic beverage: “Water.”
Favorite alcoholic beverage: “They don’t serve alcoholic beverages at the children’s asylum. The nuns promote temperance. Perhaps if I spent my evenings carousing in the village with the other youths, I would acquire a taste for it anyway; but I do not.”
Facebook or Twitter: “Wilderhark has neither.”
Passions: “I have yet to develop any. I have more important things to concern myself with. Never you mind what.”
Giving or receiving gifts: One shoulder lifts and lowers in an elegant shrug. “If the gift is worth receiving, I would prefer that. If not, you’re welcome to it. Enjoy.”
Favorite city: “Cersegg. Though I don’t expect most of your readers will know where that is.”
Ooh, hey, this question wasn’t on the list, last time I answered. I choose San Francisco! (…pending my someday visit to London.)
Favorite TV shows: “Wilderhark doesn’t have television, either.”
Well, we do. And I don’t watch it much, but when I do, it’s probably because “Once Upon a Time” is on.
Thank you for your indulgence, Sigmund! As for my ten nominees… well, gee, the list I’d compiled for the Liebster would have been perfect – eleven minus The Parasite Guy, since he nominated me – except P.G. nominated Shannon A. Thompson as another of his ten, and I don’t want to burn her with too heavy a dose of awarded sunshine. So I’ve got one additional nominee:
Congrats, award winners! And mega-thanks to all my followers, for bringing your sunshine to Ever On Word. Y’all make me smile.